Moving & Property Transfers (Occupancy Permit)

Residential and Commercial properties are required to obtain an Occupancy Permit prior to the sale of their property. The Occupancy Permit is done to transfer the water service from the seller to the buyer and to ensure the exterior of the property is being maintained and is up to code.

 Please contact the Village 1-2 weeks prior to closing to begin the process.

Pay the $60 processing fee and complete the Occupancy Permit Application and submit a picture of the inside meter read and email both to

You can also fill out the online occupancy form here Online Occupancy Permit Application

A final water meter read must be taken within 5 days of the closing and you need to email a picture of the inside meter to Village Hall at

Exterior Inspection- What is inspected?